Medieval kitchen from
the courts of the Nemanjic dynasty
If you want to taste the flavors of Šumadija – Serbia, join us on a workshop in Jovanović village household located in the village of Gornja Trnava, 8 kilometers from Topola. They are very well known by specialties of the Serbian traditional kitchen, but our host Svetlana went a little bit further and researched medieval dishes from the time of Nemanjic dynasty, 800 years ago and also recipes from the time of First Serbian Uprising from the beginning of the 19th century.
With the warm hospitality of the Jovanović household, we will prepare food according to the Svetlana instructions. You will enjoy the excellent food and drink that are produced from fruits and vegetables from their own plantations. Your enjoyment will be even greater when you go to see the plantations and feel the healthy tastes and smells of fruits and vegetables. You will hear stories from the past about customs and traditions and enrich your stay with new knowledge about the past of this region and feel the soul of true Sumadija. The dining room is furnished in ethnic style, made of wood and terracotta, with a capacity of up to 50 people.
- RT transfers Belgrade–Topola( Gornja Trnava) – Belgrade by high class car/van or coach
- Guide during the tour
- Organization of workshop in preparing lunch
- Lunch included local drinks
- Visit to a household and sightseeing tour
- Duration approx.7 hours
- 1st May until beginning of October
- Mon-Sun suggested time 09:00/16:00
- Time is flexible and depends upon prior agreement
- 1st October until 30th April
- Off season – possible to organize upon request with visit, sightseeing and lunch